CAMDEN By BRADLY GILL
The Ouachita Valley Community Foundation held its 2018 Awards Luncheon on Wednesday and awarded funds to the 2018 Giving Tree Grant Recipients. The foundation’s program was held at the Camden Country Club.
Giving Tree Grants were awarded to:
• Arkansas Single Parent Scholarship Fund
• Boy Scouts of America-DeSoto Area Council
• CASA (13th Judicial District CASA North)
• Camden Connections Foundation
• Christian Health Center
• City of Thornton
• Community-Wide Literacy Partnership
• E.B. Williams Youth Center
• First Baptist Church of Stephens
• Girl Scouts - Diamonds of AR, OK & TX
• H&P Animal Alliance
• Keep Camden Beautiful Committee
• Ouachita Child Enrichment Center
• Ouachita County Historical Society
• Ouachita County Recreational Center
• Ouachita County Recreational Center - The Events Center
• Ouachita Enrichment Center
• Shreveport Opera
• South Central Service Cooperative
• Vera Lloyd Presbyterian Family Services
• Women’s Crisis Center of South Arkansas
The amount of each recipient’s funding was not disclosed during Wednesday’s program.
Donor-directed grants were awarded to the Ouachita/Calhoun County Single Parent Scholarship fund and the South Arkansas Symphony Society.
According to a news release from the organization:
“Ouachita Valley Community Foundation was established in 1993 and serves Ouachita and Calhoun counties. Charitable donations can be made to professionally invested endowments through Arkansas Community Foundation.
The income earned is returned to Ouachita and Calhoun Counties in the form of grants from permanent endowments. Through this form of investment, Ouachita Valley Community Foundation endowments will support the community in perpetuity. Based on the type of endowment, either the local board or the donor determines where the grants will be made.
“Ouachita Valley Community Foundation has supported our area with more than $2 million since 1993. Each year, our endowments give more than $100,000 in grants to nonprofits in Ouachita and Calhoun Counties.”