CAMDEN I am Cecil McDonald a candidate for Camden Alderman, Ward 3, Position 2. I am a lifelong resident of Chidester and Camden, Arkansas.
• I graduated from Fairview High School and Henderson State University with a Bachelor of Arts Degree.
• I am employed by the Camden Housing Authority as the Director of Resident Services and Tenant Initiatives. I am also the Editor and Photographer of the Award winning Housing Authority Newsletter, the CHA Communicator.
• I attend St. James African Methodist Episcopal Church
• Past Chairman of the Trustee Board
• Past President of the Sons of Allen Men’s Ministry
• President of the Lay Organization
• I am the 2nd vice President of the West Arkansas Conference Lay Organization
• Past President of the West Arkansas Conference Sons of Allen Men’s Ministry
• Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Incorporated Life Member
• I am a former Camden Kiwanian where I served as President
• Past Member of the Camden Civil Service Commissioner, Chairman twice
• Ouachita Valley Community Foundation Board member
I am a candidate for the Camden Alderman Position because I believe in Camden and want to see it grow and I pledge to contribute my energy to assist in making that a priority. My participation in this community with the Camden Civil Service and the Housing Authority gives me the unique ability to continue to serve the Camden Community.
• Utilize Renewable Energy or Go Green
• Electric Vehicles for City Employees where applicable
• Enhance our Emergency Command Center with Drones to assess damage after an event.
• Workshops and training for our City Employees to enhance their productivity
• Seek funding for Street Repair
• Support Economic Development, (Jobs for Camden)
I will appreciate your support and vote on November 3, 2020.